BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREENWICH
Begun in 1908 as the Greenwich Boys’ Club, the original clubhouse was built in 1939. Girls were welcomed in 1985, and extensive renovations completed in 2006. This nonprofit organization’s mission is to inspire and enable all young people (ages 6-18), especially those from disadvantaged circumstances, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. Memberships are available for residents and non-resident with a parent working in Greenwich. It is a United Way agency.
- (203) 869 3224 (203) 869 0176 - CAMP SIMMONS (summer only)
- May 26, 2017
- Physical Address:
- 4 Horseneck Lane
Greenwich, CT 06830-6399 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- During School Year: MON-FRI, 2 - 9, SAT 9 - 2:30 During School Vacations: MON-FRI, 8 - 6 Summer Hours: MON-FRI, 7:30 - 5:30
- Meeting Space:
- See Notes
- Bobby Walker Jr.,Don Palmer
- CEO,Program and Camp Director
FACILITIES – Capacity: Gym: 200-250, Game room: 200, Library: 35-50, Skating Rink: 350, Swimming Pool: 100Programs:
- AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS include – ATHLETICS, GOLF PROGRAMS, ICE HOCKEY, LIFEGUARD TRAINING, MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAMS, KEYSTONE and TORCH CLUBS, MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAM PROJECT LEARN; BARRACUDA SWIM TEAM; and HONOR GUARD
- TGIF – Friday After School Program – K – 5th Grade
- CAMP SIMMONS and MINI CLUB – a 77-acre parcel, at 744 Lake Avenue, given by the Simmons family in 1953 to be used as a camp. There is a lake, swimming pool, game room, hiking trails, and archery range.
- SUMMER CLUBHOUSE and TEEN CAMP take place at the Club. All activities JUN -AUG (weekly sessions).
- ZAC CAMP – THE ZAC FOUNDATION – safe swimming techniques
- YOUTH VOLUNTEERS – CIT PROGRAM – counselor development program (ages 14-15 as CIT’s) that runs for all nine weeks of summer camp.
- ADULT VOLUNTEERS
- TRANSPORTATION – is provided to and from many of the schools in town
- FACILITIES & SPACE RENTAL- available to schools, nonprofits organizations, and other groups as well as individuals. Facilities include the gymnasium, game room, library, swimming pool, and the skating rink (used for ice skating in winter, and roller skating/street hockey or basketball during other seasons). Available for Birthday Parties.
- DONATIONS – basketball gloves, ice skates
- INTERNSHIPS – for college students
- SCHOLARSHIP – college scholarships for high school graduates
- ADULT PROGRAMS
See Community Answers CAMP & PROGRAM GUIDE in PublicationsAnnual Events:
- GOLF TOURNAMENT – FALL
See Community Answers Calendar for details.
Tags: after school program, arts and crafts, baseball, basketball, boys and girls, camp simmons, chess, computer, dance, donate, Donations, drama, flag football, floor hockey, golf, hockey, homework, honor guard, ice skating, indoor soccer, inline roller hockey, internships, karate, keystone, kickball, lacrosse, life guard, lifeguard training, mentoring, mentors, middle school, photography, pool, project learn, roller blading, scholarship, skates, soccer, Sports, student volunteers, swimming, teens, tgif, torch, united way, volleyball, volunteers, weight lifting