COMMUNITY CENTERS INC.
Community Centers, Inc. was founded in 1955 by the Community Chest (the forerunner of the United Way). The purpose of CCI is to promote the personal and social potential of those members of the Greenwich community who are economically marginalized, have special needs, or are isolated from the mainstream. CCI’s goal is to support diversity, empower the lesser privileged, nurture the young, and engage seniors. This non-profit social service agency provides individual, family and group counseling, recreational and educational services and advocacy, primarily for residents of the Greenwich housing developments and those who have special needs. CCI is a member agency of the GREENWICH UNITED WAY.
- (203) 869 1276
- (203) 869 6479
- April 11, 2018
- Physical Address:
- 61 East Putnam Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- MON - FRI, 9 - 6
- Gaby Rattner
- Executive Director
- AFTER-SCHOOL SOCIAL ACTIVITIES – tutoring, social support, and recreational trips for young people.
- ENRICHMENT AND SUPPORT PROGRAMS – for youth, seniors and single-parent households. Social club for adults with special needs.
- HISPANIC ASSISTANCE – Workshops and citizenship training in English and Spanish to assist Spanish-speaking families to adapt to American life.
- ESL/ELL and conversational English classes
- CITIZENSHIP CLASS – Free weekly citizenship training classes for people seeking to pass the US Citizenship exam. Free ESL classes are taught twice per month.
- SUMMER PROGRAM – Coed ages 6-18 (caters to public housing or special needs children) MON-FRI 9:30 – 4:00. Call the office for details. Transportation is provided.
- BREAKFAST CLUB and HOMEWORK CLUBS – at public elementary and middle schools.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- FESTIVE GIVING – NOV
- GOLF OUTING – JUL at Stanwich Club
See Community Answers Calendar for details.
Tags: breakfast club, camp, cci, citizenship, community center, counseling, ell, esl, extracurricular, festive giving, hispanic assistance, homework club, literacy, mental, spanish, special needs, Support Groups, tutoring, united way, volunteers