FAMILY CENTERS – FRIENDLY CONNECTIONS OUTREACH PROGRAMS
This FAMILY CENTERS program is an innovative service for aging adults and offers a variety of in-person and telephone-based services designed for the aging population. Their services allow for home-bound and aging adults to continue to socialize, stimulate educational interests and stay connected with the community.
- Alt. Names: FRIENDLY CALLERS; FRIENDLY VISITORS
- July 24, 2018
- Postal Address:
- PO Box 7550 Greenwich, CT 06836-7550
- Physical Address:
- 20 Bridge Street
Greenwich, CT 06830 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- MON-FRI, 9-5
- Caroline Walcott
OTHER FAMILY CENTER PROGRAMS – Click on the links below
- HOUSING RESOURCES
- CENTER FOR HOPE
- SUPPORT GROUPS
- LITERACY VOLUNTEERS
- other CHILDHOOD & EDUCATION PROGRAMS
VISION LOSS SUPPORT GROUP – weekly – CURRENTLY INACTIVEPrograms:
- FRIENDLY CALLER – These telephone groups offer an assortment of educational, social and enrichment opportunities for those who choose to “meet” over the phone. Conducted entirely over the telephone, groups cover a wide variety of topic designed for older adults interested in continuing their education, staying social and remaining connected to their communities. Volunteers make phone calls to home-bound or isolated members of the community. By providing support and companionship, this service assists older adults to remain in their own homes and to live independently.
- FRIENDLY VISITOR PROGRAM – Volunteers are matched up with older and sometimes home-bound individuals for one-on-one weekly visits. The purpose of these visits is to provide companionship and support.
- SPECIALTY SUPPORT GROUPS – include a Caregiver’s Support group for those caring for a friend, spouse or parent, an Alzheimer’s Support group led by a member of the Alzheimer’s Association team and a Stroke Support group for those recovering from a stroke and their caregivers. Call for current groups and check – FAMILY CENTER – SUPPORT GROUPS
- ADULT & STUDENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES