GREENWICH DUMP RECYCLING CENTER – HOLLY HILL
Town transfer station receiving Household or Commercial Trash/Garbage (MSW) and Recyclables and Single Stream (SSR). Residential Dumping Permit Decal (or current PARK PASS, see TOWN OF GREENWICH PARK PASS OFFICE (BEACH CARD), and a Vehicle Dumping Permit are required. You may also apply at the Scale House on site. Non-Residential Dumping Permit Decal – Agents of Greenwich residents or Greenwich businesses are eligible for a non-residential vehicle dumping permit decal which can be obtained at no charge at the Holly Hill scale house by showing proof of business ownership and vehicle ownership. Please see the list of requirements included with the vehicle registration application: Application for Non-Residential Dumping Permit Decal and Verification of Owner Form.
- (203) 622 0377 - SCALE HOUSE (203) 869-6910 - GENERAL INFO -Town Hall - Department of Public Works
- August 8, 2018
- Physical Address:
- Holly Hill Lane
Greenwich, CT 06830 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- MON-FRI, 7-3 SAT, 7-NOON
- Patrick Collins
- Environmental Operations Manager at the Holly Hill Resource Recovery Facility
NOT Accepted – Commercial Medical Waste, Hazardous (Flammable, Reactive, Corrosive, Toxic) Waste. Household Hazardous Waste, Prescription Medicines. Medications can be dropped of 24/7 in the Lobby of GREENWICH POLICE DEPARTMENT.Programs:
- MAP – Click here
- SCALE HOUSE – issues and checks Dump Permit Stickers (see above) and receives waste oil in disposable containers
- RECYCLING AREA – bottles, cans, newspapers, mixed paper, phone books, Styrofoam, and corrugated cardboard
- TRASH BUILDING – MATTRESSES and BOX SPRINGS, FLORESCENT LIGHT BULBS, plastic toys, and non-recyclable waste.
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY CONTAINER – (Nickel Cadmium) from cell phones, laptops, camcorders, cordless power tools, etc.
- REGULAR HOUSEHOLD BATTERY CONTAINER
- BRUSH LOGS, LEAVES AND YARD WASTE
- DEMOLITION DEBRIS
- DEAD ANIMALS
- USED CAR BATTERIES
- PAINT – Latex paint must be removed from the can. (Alternatively, it can be dried in kitty litter, and then discarded in the regular garbage).
- AMERICAN FLAG DEPOSIT – sponsored by AMERICAN LEGION – GREENWICH POST 29
- GOODWILL TRAILER – Staffed: MON-FRI, 8-3
- USED BOOK EXCHANGE / SWAP – FRI & SAT, 7 am – Noon – Books in good condition, excluding text books, business and self-help. Records, CD’s and DVD’s in good condition.
- CHRISTMAS TREES – undecorated, De-tinseled trees may be dropped off here during regular hours in the yard waste area until JAN 31st, after which time wood chips will be available.
- HAZARDOUS WASTE – Schedule and directions for Greenwich and neighboring towns.
- TOWN OF GREENWICH – LICENSED GARBAGE COLLECTORS – are allowed to remove trash and recyclables in the Town of Greenwich between the hours of 5 – 3 and bring them to Holly Hill.
- HAZARDOUS WASTE DAY – MAY