GREENWICH EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICE
Private nonprofit emergency ambulance service started in 1986. Each ambulance team has a Paramedic and Emergency Medical Technician. GEMS is the sole provider of emergency services to the TOWN OF GREENWICH. Their mission is to provide pre-hospital medical care of the highest quality and in the most cost effective manner. GREENWICH POLICE respond with GEMS to all 911 calls. GEMS has four stations in Greenwich.
- Routine Calls: (203) 637 7505
EMPS - Crisis Intervention for Children and Youth (under 19): 211
- (203) 637 1762
- July 10, 2018
- Physical Address:
1111 East Putnam Avenue
Riverside CT 06878 Google Map
- GEMS also operates a for-profit, non-emergency ambulance service, ACCESS AMBULANCE
- EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS & TRAINING – Courses are offered to individuals as well as health professionals or those requiring certification for their job. Some are available in Spanish. Classes include; E-Learning Courses, BLS for Healthcare Provider, ACLS , Heartsaver CPR/AED, Heartsaver First Aid, Heartsaver First Aid/CRP/AED, Heartsaver Blood Born Pathogen, Corporate/Public Courses, Heartsaver CRP/AED, Heartsaver First Aid, Heartsaver First Aid/CRP AED, Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogen (OSHA Approved), State of CT Heartsaver Course for Daycare Staff, Pet Emergencies and Disaster Awareness, BLS for Healthcare Providers/Renewal, ACLS/ACLS Renewal, PALS/PALS Renewal, EMS, EMT, and EMR.
- GEMS HONOR GUARD
- HIGH SCHOOL EXPLORER PROGRAM
- SPEAKERS AND TEACHERS are available for businesses and organizations
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – for Adults and Youth
- SCHOLARSHIP – awarded to a Greenwich High School student