JEWISH FAMILY SERVICES OF GREENWICH
A non-discriminatory, social service agency established in 1983 whose mission is to improve the quality of life for families and individuals of all ages while embracing Jewish wisdom, tradition and compassion. JFS is funded by the United Way, UJA Federation of Greenwich, the town of Greenwich, and private donations.
- (203) 622 1881
- July 16, 2018
- Physical Address:
- 1 Holly Hill Lane
Greenwich, CT 06830 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- MON - THU, 9:30 - 5:30 FRI, 9:30 - 4 evenings by appointment
- Lisa-Loraine Smith, LCSW
- Executive Director
- Elyse Brown
- Director, Supermarketing For Seniors
- Lisa M. Goldberg
- Director, Jewish Health and Healing Center
- Mary Karlan, LMSW
- Staff Social Worker
Designers Exchange Plus, a JFS thrift shop in Byram is closed (2005-07)Programs:
- COUNSELING – Individuals, couples, family, marital issues, parent/child concerns and crisis intervention.
- THE SUPPORT GROUP CENTER AT JFS – Facilitated support groups for children, teens, adults and families on issues such as Divorce, Bereavement, Empty Nest, Sexual Identity, Caregiving, Mother – Daughter, Step Parenting, Spirituality and Wholeness, Women’s Health, Wellness, Interfaith, Living Well in Later Life, Financial Challenges (“Reversal of Fortune”) and more.
- ONLINE SUPPORT GROUPS – Facilitated support groups for adults on issues such as bereavement, chronic illness, care-giving and new motherhood being offered ONLINE. If you have a computer with internet access, JFS will provide confidential and secure video-conferencing services through its exclusive partnership with Vidyo, Inc.
- OLDER ADULT SERVICES – Snow Angels (snow shoveling service), Holocaust Support Services
- SUPERMARKETING FOR SENIORS – Since 1986, volunteers provide grocery shopping for home-bound seniors, 60 and up, free of charge.
- INTERFAITH CONVERSATIONS – Programs which explore the opportunities and challenges associated with interfaith living.
- MEET & MINGLE – The Network for Jewish Singles . +55
- JEWISH HEALTH AND HEALING CENTER – Support, counseling, and education for those facing physical, emotional, or spiritual challenges.
- FRIENDLY VISITORS – Jewish Holiday Programming in Senior Facilities; B’nai Mitzvah Resource Center; Rosh Hodesh: It’s A Girl Thing; Shabbat Services at GREENWICH HOSPITAL
- JFS BOOK BEAT – A WOMAN’S NIGHT OUT – monthly book group with themes relevant to Jewish women.
- JFS MOVIEGOER SERIES – monthly movie club with themes relevant to Jewish people
- IMMIGRATION SERVICES – services include; case management, language training, counseling, vocational help, advocacy, and citizenship classes.
- VOLUNTEERS – ADULT and STUDENTS – Activities include; Super-marketing for Seniors, Friendly Visiting, Jewish Health and Healing Center, Greenwich Hospital Shabbat, administrative tasks.
- CASINO NIGHT – MAR
See Community Answers Calendar for details.