KIDS IN CRISIS
Founded in 1978 as the Greenwich Youth Shelter, this private, nonprofit organization provides crisis counseling, intervention, emergency shelter, and community education programs for children and teens from southwestern Connecticut. It is the only agency in the state offering confidential, free round-the-clock crisis care for children of all ages and their parents. The Crisis Nursery is for newborns to age 12. The Teen House for ages 13-17. Services include a 24-hour telephone helpline, counseling, aftercare, outreach, community education, and violence prevention programs. It is a United Way agency. All services are available at no cost to the client.
- (203) 622 6556 (203) 327 5437 - 24-hour helpline (Stamford)
- May 4, 2018
- Physical Address:
- 1 Salem Street
Cos Cob, CT 06807 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- Shari L. Shapiro
- Executive Director
- Goods and services are often welcome but call first for list of most needed items.
- TEEN TALK – trained counselors in area middle and high schools provide a confidential support system for students dealing with the wide range of issues that arise in adolescence
- ADULT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- CHILD AND TEEN VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES