NEIGHBOR TO NEIGHBOR
A private, nonsectarian nonprofit organization founded in 1975. They improve lives through the exchange of food, clothing and basic living essentials. All items are distributed at no cost on a weekly basis to low-income residents of Greenwich. Emergency food, clothing, linens, underwear and household items are also distributed to low-income residents of Greenwich, Port Chester, and Stamford. Clients are referred by the DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES, social service organizations, schools or religious organizations. 300,000 meals are provided to 640 families annually.
- NTN, N to N
- (203) 622-9208
- (203) 618-0062
- January 8, 2019
- Physical Address:
- Christ Church Annex Basement
248 East Putnam Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830-4801 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- MON-SAT, 8:30 - 12:30 THU, 3:30 - 5:30
- Nancy Coughlin; Duncan Lawson
- X 11, x 12
- Executive Director; Volunteer and Operations Coordinator
- VOLUNTEER – ADULTS and STUDENTS for 2 or 4 hour shifts, Monday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., or Thursdays from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Volunteers sort and fold clothing, stock pantry shelves, and assist clients in the clothing room and food pantry.
- DONATIONS – canned and dry goods and clean, gently used in-season clothing and linens. Always in need of canned fruit, juice, cereal, peanut butter, jelly, canned tuna and dried or canned beans. Children’s clothing and diapers are always in demand. Tax receipts are given. No pickups can be arranged (except for large donations of food).
- THE UNDIES PROJECT – The Undies Project is a new initiative -It’s mission is to provide new underwear and new or gently used bras for men, women and children in need. Underwear is the most under-donated, and most needed, item of clothing. New underwear is a true, unmet need for our low income residents. The Undies Project holds donation drives during the year and accepts product donations at anytime. Donations can be dropped off at Neighbor to Neighbor or a local area pick up request can be made my emailing one of the contacts. All donations are distributed through Neighbor to Neighbor at no cost to their clients.
- SHEETS FOR LOVE