ALL GREENWICH LIBRARY patrons are welcome to take advantage of this service, not just AARP eligible members. This program offers free tax assistance by trained volunteers to anyone who needs help preparing their federal and state tax returns.   For married couples filing jointly, both will have to sign return. Bring the following: • Proof of identification (photo ID) • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099) • All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number • Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable

Posted Under:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *