THE VOLUNTEER CENTER – UNITED WAY OF WESTERN CONNECTICUT
Founded in 1973, the Volunteer Center of United Way of Western Connecticut works to connect people to volunteer service opportunities and provides resources to nonprofit organizations. Each year, we recruit thousands of volunteers to give their time and talent to the community and help hundreds of nonprofit agencies fulfill their missions. In June 2012, The Volunteer Center of Southwestern Fairfield County merged with the United Way of Western Connecticut.
- (203) 967-9507
- July 20, 2018
- Physical Address:
- 1150 Summer Street
Stamford, CT 06905 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- MON - FRI, 9 - 4
- Bridget Fox
- Chief Impact Officer
- Nicole Granskog
- Community Impact Coordinator
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – Flexible volunteer schedules; from 1-2 hours per week to short and longer-term assignments. Job fulfillment includes board positions for nonprofits.
- HIGH SCHOOL HANDBOOK – Volunteer Opportunities for High School Students. There are also some volunteer opportunities for younger children.
- ITEM DONATION PROGRAM – Collects and distributes donated items to local nonprofit agencies. They distribute almost anything from household furniture and appliances to office furniture.
- ALICE – (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed)
- COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS IN ACTION (CVIA) – A membership group – Mostly one-time projects on evenings and weekends
- HOLIDAY HELPERS – In partnership with the Advocate and Greenwich Time – The needs of local agencies are published in DEC.
- DIRECTORS OF VOLUNTEERS IN AGENCIES (DOVIA) – membership group of volunteer program administrators which receives networking and training.
- WORKPLACE VOLUNTEER COUNCIL (WVC) – Helps businesses initiate, manage, and improve employee volunteer programs.
- NONPROFIT RESOURCE CENTER – Partnership with Darien, Greenwich, Ferguson, and New Canaan Libraries providing material support for nonprofits everything you need to know to run a nonprofit organization.
- HEART OF GOLD – Scholarship – Call them for Application
- BOARDSERVE – connects no-profits to a pool of prospective board members. The candidates represent a cross-section of individuals of varied skills and backgrounds, all of whom are interested in joining boards. Training the board member candidates in nonprofit governance and actively preparing nonprofits to recruit, engage, and utilize new board members are integral components of BoardServe Western CT.
- ANNUAL GREENWICH VOLUNTEER RECOGNITION DAY – Spring at Town Hall
Tags: ALICE, business volunteerism, child volunteer opportunties, children's volunteer oportunities, cvia, donate, dovia, high school volunteers, holiday helpers, nonprofit resource, nonprofit resource center, seminars, student volunteers, training workshops, united way, volunteer agency, volunteer ct, volunteers, young volunteers