TRANSPORTATION ASSOCIATION OF GREENWICH (TAG)
The Transportation Association of Greenwich, Inc. (TAG) is a private, not-for-profit organization specializing in transportation services for elderly disabled individuals and transportation for the disadvantaged of all ages. Founded in 1984 in response to a critical need identified by the GREENWICH UNITED WAY, TAG has served town residents, organizations, and numerous social services agencies in lower Fairfield County for over 20 years. Agencies contracting TAG services include ABILIS, RIVER HOUSE ADULT DAY CENTER , BOARD OF EDUCATION, GREENWICH SENIOR CENTER, YWCA and YMCA and others.
- (203) 637 4345 - Administration and Dispatch
- July 11, 2018
- Physical Address:
- 13 Riverside Avenue South
Riverside, CT 06878 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- MON-FRI, 6 am - 7 pm SUN and evenings by reservation
- Debra Vetromile
- Executive Manager
- Safe Rides (Available for free-- Friday and Saturday nights 10 pm to 1 am)
- FISH (Feel I Should Help) is a separate, all-volunteer transportation, service in Stamford for those with no other means of reaching health facilities. Call MON-FRI 9:00 – 5:00 (203) 348 3474 (FISH).
- RED CROSS MOTOR SERVICE – No longer in operation as of 6/2014
- TAG’s EASY ACCESS Service – (formerly called Town-to-Town) provides transportation for eligible and certified residents to other towns in lower Fairfield County. Priority is given for medical or work-related travel. Reservations must be made and tickets purchased before traveling. Click here for more information.
- DIAL-A-RIDE – This is the Town’s door-to-door transportation service for the elderly and disabled traveling within Greenwich, Stamford, Port Chester, Rye and White Plains. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours ahead/ flat fee of $5 each way. Click here for more information.
- GREENWICH COMMUTER SHUTTLES – Central Loop, West Loop
- SAFE RIDES – TAG recently assumed responsibility for the program, and plans to run the program most FRI & SAT of the 2016 school year.
- GREENWICH SENIOR CENTER – Click here for more information
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- SENIOR HEALTH FAIR – TAG provides rides if called five days ahead for OCT event.
- ELECTIONS – provides rides to the polls. Reservations required.
Tags: dial a ride, disabilities, disabled, election day, election rides, election transportation, ez access, fish, greenwich senior services, handicapped, ride to polls, ride to vote, rides, rides to polls, rides to vote, safe rides, senior health fair, Seniors, special needs, towntotown, united way, wheelchair