UNITED STATES SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION – STAMFORD
Stamford office of the U.S. Social Security Administration, serving residents of Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, and New Canaan. Callers may find it helpful to contact the 800 number before going over to the Stamford office, because the central switchboard can give instructions on what documents to bring and set up appointments in the Stamford office. See their website for what can be taken care of online.
- (866) 770-1881 - Stamford Office
(800) 269 0271 - Fraud Line
- (203) 975 1966
- July 12, 2018
- Physical Address:
- 2 Landmark Square, Suite 105
Stamford, CT 06901 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- Stamford Office Hours M - F, 9-4 WED, 9 - Noon
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS – retirement benefits (must be at least 62). Disability benefits and Medicare (apply 3 months before 65th birthday).
- MY SOCIAL SECURITY Online Account – Statement Letters are no longer sent out.
- SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME (SSI) – Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes). Designed to help aged (over 65), blind, disabled people with little or no income. It provides cash to meet basic needs of food, clothing, and shelter.
- FRAUD – if you suspect fraud (someone calls and asks for your S.S.# and other information) call the number above. People who legitimately need such information already have it – never give your social security number to anyone over the phone.